Microwave radiation: Emanating from our beloved wireless technology, small doses may be okay, but our exposure has grown exponentially in the past decade. This is unprecedented for humanity, and many people now experience poor quality sleep, tinnitus, and headaches when exposed to wireless technology. So turn off your Wi-Fi and wireless devices when not in use and opt out of “smart” meters and the “smart” home. Look to eliminate cordless phones and wireless baby monitors as well. Our best hope for a healthy future is in fiber optics and wired Internet. I encourage you to join many forward-thinking families who have already gone the wired route.
Magnetic fields: If your home has electrical wiring errors, older wiring, or is located near a major power line, magnetic fields may be elevated. Most homes have two to three wiring errors that can be easily fixed by a qualified electrician. Magnetic fields that cannot be eliminated can often be shielded with special material. This type of EMF pollution is very important to reduce because high fields (over 2.0 milligauss) have been linked to illnesses such as childhood leukemia.
Electric fields: This type of EMF pollution comes from un-shielded electrical wiring such as standard Romex. If your bedrooms have high electric fields, sleep quality can be diminished and overall health may decline over time. The primary solution is to turn off the circuit breakers to your bedroom while you sleep. If you are remodeling or building a new home, then you should install MC cable, which is metal-clad shielded wiring that will reduce the electric fields by approximately 90%.
EMI or “Dirty electricity”: Items such as solar inverters, CFL and LED lighting, dimmer switches, and smart meters will cause “dirty” electricity. These items put additional frequencies on your 60 Hz electrical wiring. These extra frequencies then radiate into your living environment and can cause headaches, fatigue, brain fog, and serious illnesses over time. There are ways to partially filter this type of EMF pollution, but the best solution is to limit the use of items that create dirty electricity in the first place.